Our Spectacular, Outdoor Day Camp Site
The Lafayette Reservoir, Conveniently Located in the East Bay
Roughing It is located at the beautiful Lafayette Reservoir, the
perfect place for children to experience the outdoors first hand,
explore the natural world, and learn about the environment and
native wildlife. Conveniently located right off Highway 24 between
Berkeley and Walnut Creek, the expansive lake and surrounding
areas let us provide an engaging, traditional camp experience:
fishing, boating, hiking, outdoor living skills, nature crafts, and
sports all take place on site. Exercise and fresh air are abundant.
Explore the Lafayette Reservoir - See our Camp!
- 900 acres in size
- Many trails to hike: The Lakeside Trail (2.7 miles), The Rim
Trail (6.57 miles), and nature hikes through pine, laurel, and
live oak forests
- See native wildlife, including Mallard Ducks, Canadian
Geese, California Mule Deer
- Shaded picnic areas in pine groves
- Grass fields for sports and games
A Variety of Waterfront Activities
- Canoeing and rowing docks on east side, kayaking on the west
- Boating trips, scavenger and treasure hunts around Captain
- Visit Princess Row-a-Boata’s Tower!
- Find “Big Fred”, the biggest fish in the Res!
- Fourteen fishing docks surround the lake
- Many chances to catch a fish! Stocked with 20,700 lbs of
Take a Tour!
to inquire about a custom
tour at a time convenient for you, or RSVP
to a pre-camp open house at the Res!
Nearby Horseback and Swimming Sites
Horse Back Riding. Campers 4-16 years old enrolled in our
Day Camp or Horse
programs ride at our private ranch in Moraga, a 20 minute
shuttle from the Lafayette Reservoir. Our riding site includes
37 horses, four spacious riding arenas, trail
course, cross country jump course, and pasture trails. Instruction
for beginner through advanced riders.
Swimming. For campers enrolled in Day
Camp or Little Raccoons, our
swim program is
located at the Soda Aquatic Center in Moraga, a ten minute
shuttle from the Reservoir. We use a shallow lap pool for our
beginner lessons and an Olympic size pool and diving pool for more
advanced lessons. Campers receive instruction for American Red Cross
Learn to Swim Levels 1 – 6 (beginner – advanced levels).