The Lafayette Reservoir, Conveniently Located in the East Bay
Roughing It is located at the beautiful Lafayette Reservoir, the perfect place for children to experience the outdoors first hand, explore the natural world, and learn about the environment and native wildlife. Conveniently located right off Highway 24 between Berkeley and Walnut Creek, the expansive lake and surrounding areas let us provide an engaging, traditional camp experience: fishing, boating, hiking, outdoor living skills, nature crafts, and sports all take place on site. Exercise and fresh air are abundant.
Explore the Lafayette Reservoir – See our Camp!
- 900 acres in size
- Many trails to hike: The Lakeside Trail (2.7 miles), The Rim Trail (6.57 miles), and nature hikes through pine, laurel, and live oak forests
- See native wildlife, including Mallard Ducks, Canadian Geese, California Mule Deer
- Shaded picnic areas in pine groves
- Grass fields for sports and games
A Variety of Waterfront Activities
- Canoeing and rowing docks on east side, kayaking on the west
- Boating trips, scavenger and treasure hunts around Captain Ruff’s Cove
- Visit Princess Row-a-Boata’s Tower!
- Find “Big Fred”, the biggest fish in the Res!
- Fourteen fishing docks surround the lake
- Many chances to catch a fish! Stocked with 20,700 lbs of fish seasonally