Sample Camp, June 12
Try out camp for a day! Register by June 5th and receive a 25% discount
Sample Camp 2020
Sample Camp takes place June 12th and is a great way for prospective and returning campers to experience a day of camp or get a head start to the summer! Camp runs like a typical day and participate in many of our camp activities. Space is limited, register early to ensure your spot.
Sample Day Camp
Fee: $100 **$75 if registered by June 5
Ages: PreK – 10th Grades
Sample a day of Roughing It Day Camp, our 4 and 8 week camp program, at the Lafayette Reservoir! Campers will participate in a Swim and/or Horseback Riding lesson, fish, row, hike, make crafts, play camp games and sports, and enjoy nature activities. Campers are grouped by grade and will spend the day with their counselor(s). Skill based instruction in small groups designed for all ages and abilities. Try a day full of camp activities, meet new friends, get comfortable at camp and have fun in the great outdoors. All campers should bring swim suit and towel and wear closed toe shoes.
Sample Little Raccoons
Fee: $100 **$75 if registered by June 5
Ages: PreK – 2nd Grade
An introductory day of camp for campers interested or enrolled in our Little Raccoons program. Campers will spend the day at the Lafayette Reservoir fishing, hiking, making crafts, playing camp games, and may participate in a swim lesson. Our nurturing all-adult staff create a safe environment where young campers can gain self-confidence and have a positive first time camp experience. All campers should bring a swim suit and towel and wear closed toe shoes. Campers must be potty trained.
Sample Outdoor Explorers
Fee: $80 **$60 if registered by June 5
Ages: 1st – 6th Grades
Try a day of Roughing It’s Outdoor Explorers Program at the Lafayette Reservoir! Campers will fish, row, hike, make nature crafts, play camp games and sports, and explore the natural world. Group activities and daily choice periods allow campers to have an exciting day of outdoor adventure with their counselor and other Outdoor Explorers. Campers must wear closed toe shoes.
How To Register
Transportation and Pick Up/Drop Off of Your Child
We do not provide transportation on Sample Camp Day. Campers for all programs should be dropped off at the Lafayette Reservoir at 8:55am and picked up by 3:00pm. Parents are more than welcome to arrive at the reservoir at 2:30pm to see “Closing Circle” and the day’s announcements, skits and camp songs. Extended care is not available on Sample Camp Day.
A check-in table will be set up for morning drop off at the far left end of the Lafayette Reservoir main parking lot. Please check-in at this table with your child at 8:55am.
The check-out table for afternoon pick up will be near “closing circle,” 100 yards up the hill from the parking lot (far left side). Please sign out at the table before you pick up your child. Only authorized persons listed in the camper application are allowed to pick up campers.
What to Wear to Camp
- Shorts, long pants or sweatpants
- Tennis Shoes. No Sandals, Crocs, Teevas or other open-toe shoes!
- Campers can wear a sweats over a T-shirt and shorts on cool mornings
- Clothing needs to be modest and appropriate for Roughing It. The fit should be neither too loose nor too tight for normal participation in camp activities. Clothing that exposes cleavage, midriff or buttocks when bending, running, etc., is unacceptable.
- Makeup is not needed nor acceptable at camp.
- No personal items, including watches or jewelry, other than the above. We do have a Lost and Found every day at Closing Circle. Help us to return your camper’s belongings by clearly marking all personal items, especially towels and Roughing It clothing.
- For Day Campers (4 & 8 Weeks): Closed-toe shoes are required for horseback riding. We provide helmets for campers who ride. Bring swimsuit and towel for swimming.
What to Bring to Camp
- Lunch and beverage in a paper sack or a soft reusable lunch bag. No hard-sided lunch boxes, please!
- Small plastic water bottle is a must.
- Sweatshirt for cool mornings.
- A hat for protection from the sun plus sunscreen if your camper sunburns easily.
- Day pack to carry the above items and any other essential items.
What NOT to Bring to Camp
- Anything Electronic: iPods, Cell Phones, Video Games, CD Players
- Jewelry or Makeup
- Sports Equipment
- Fishing Gear
- Toys or Stuffed Animals
- Trading Cards
- Pets or any other living animal
- Anything else not mentioned in “What to Bring to Camp”
|9:00am||Check In (parents drop off)|
|9:20am||Group Time – Icebreakers & Name games, Snack, Sunscreen, Bathroom & water breaks|
|11:30am-12:00pm||Lunch, Sunscreen, Bathroom & water breaks|
|12:00-2:20pm||Afternoon Camp Activities|
|2:20pm||Group time. Snack, Sunscreen, Bathroom & water breaks|
|3:00pm||Check-Out & parent pick up|