Summer Camps Serving Berkeley
An All-Outdoor Day Camp in Lafayette. Home transportation provided from Berkeley.
Outdoors Summer Camp for Ages 4-16
Since 1972, Roughing It has been offering summer camps in an all-outdoors environment for children ages 4 to 16. We serve many Berkeley families and are located at the beautiful Lafayette Reservoir.
We provide many outdoor activities including swimming, waterfront activities, and more! We also have programs specifically designed for younger campers and teens. Come check us out at a local event or talk with a camper parent in your area.
Our Bus Stops serve San Francisco, East Bay, Contra Cost and Tri-Valley.
Our buses are driven by year-round professional school bus drivers in safe school buses.
Need more info on times or want to inquire about home pick up? Contact Us!
Berkeley Bus Stops
- Claremont & Woolsey
- Arlington & Mendocino
- Kensington Library
What Parents are Saying
You have an incredible organization, fabulous staff and a real love of doing this, it is obvious. -Terezia N, Berkeley
My daughter likes the variety of activities, and we like having 4 weeks for her to bond with her fellow campers. We also like the variety plus the focus on the outdoors, so close to home. – Ann S, Berkeley
Roughing It supports Berkeley Schools
Roughing It gives back to many of the schools our campers attend. We have made donations to the following schools:
- Ecole Bilingue Elementary
- The Berkeley School
- Bay Farm Elementary
- Franklin Elementary
- St. Joseph Elementary
- Escuela Bilingue Internacional
- Redwood Day School
- Hillcrest Elementary
- Thornhill Elementary
- Chabot (Anthony) Elementary
- Montclair Elementary
- Bentley School
- St. Paul’s Episcopal School
- Crocker Highlands Elementary
- Melrose Leadership Academy
- Piedmont Schools Auction
- Corpus Christi School
Berkeley Parent References
We understand that finding the right camp for your child can be challenging. We can put you in touch with another family in your area (or school) who can speak about Roughing It. Here are Berkeley families who would be happy to talk with you:
- Ann Smulka & Robert Blackburn
- Terezia Nemeth & Charles Gibson
- Joanna Sedman & Andy Packard
- Rhonda Clark & Jessica Warren
- Tamara Lange & Alex Helperin
- Andrea & Brook Dooley
- Christine & Rick da Silva
- Dawit Kidane & Aster Yosief
- Dele & Daniel Kammen
- Hilary & Jason Keith Jennifer & Edan Kabatchnick
- Jennifer & Felix Baum Jennifer Judy & Jared Caldwell
- Kara Winter & Tim Golden
- Meghan & Kevin Leader
- Rebecca Johnson
- Ruth Singer & Daniel Bodner
- Selamawite Negusse & Amanuel Zerit
Contact Us to get in touch with a family in your area who has attended Roughing It Day Camp!