Summer Camps Serving Albany
An all-outdoor day camp in the East Bay. Free transportation provided near Albany.
All-outdoors summer camp activities since 1972!
Since 1972, Roughing It has been offering summer camps in an all-outdoors environment for children ages 4 to 16. We serve many Albany families and are located at the beautiful Lafayette Reservoir.
We provide many outdoor activities found in a traditional summer camp, including swimming, waterfront activities, and more! We also have programs specifically designed for teens and younger campers. Come check us out at a local event or talk with a camper parent in your area.
Our Bus Stops serve San Francisco, East Bay, Contra Costa and Tri-Valley.
Our buses are driven by year-round professional school bus drivers in safe school buses.
Need more info on times or want to inquire about home pick up? Learn more about our Camp Bus Stops & Transportation »
Albany area bus stops
- Kensington: Kensington Library
- Berkeley: Arlington & Mendocino
- Berkeley: Claremont & Woolsey
Free Extended Care
We offer free extended care (Before & After Camp) to families who choose to drop off and pick up directly at camp. Learn more here!
What parents are saying
Roughing it camp was hands down one of the best experiences of my son’s young life. When he has gone to other camps, getting information out of him at the end of the day about what he did was like pulling teeth. With Roughing it, I got hours of unprompted commentary about all the fun things that went on. He would sing songs at the dinner table, tell stories about hikes etc. It was as much fun for me to hear about as it was for him to attend. – Heather and Robert M, Albany
Roughing It Supports Albany Schools!Roughing It gives back to many of the schools our campers attend. We have made donations to the following schools:
- Bay Farm Elementary
- Franklin Elementary
- St. Joseph Elementary
- Ecole Bilingue Elementary
- The Berkeley School
- Escuela Bilingue Internacional
- Redwood Day School
- Hillcrest Elementary
- Thornhill Elementary
- Chabot (Anthony) Elementary
- Montclair Elementary
- Bentley School
- St. Paul’s Episcopal School
- Crocker Highlands Elementary
- Melrose Leadership Academy
- Piedmont Schools Auction
- Corpus Christi School
We understand that finding the right camp for your child can be challenging. We can put you in touch with another family in your area (or school) who can speak about Roughing It. Here are families in your area who would be happy to talk with you:
- Ann Smulka & Robert Blackburn
- Terezia Nemeth & Charles Gibson
- Joanna Sedman & Andy Packard
- Rhonda Clark & Jessica Warren
- Tamara Lange & Alex Helperin
- Andrea & Brook Dooley
- Christine & Rick da Silva
- Dawit Kidane & Aster Yosief
- Dele & Daniel Kammen
- Hilary & Jason Keith
- Jennifer & Edan Kabatchnick
- Jennifer & Felix Baum
- Jennifer Judy & Jared Caldwell
- Kara Winter & Tim Golden
- Meghan & Kevin Leader
- Rebecca Johnson
- Ruth Singer & Daniel Bodner
- Selamawite Negusse & Amanuel Zerit