Summer Staff Requirements
Roughing It hires individuals of the highest moral character who will serve as exceptional role models for our campers.
General requirements include:
- Commitment to full 9-week season. Learn more about camp dates & training.
- Completion of freshman level of college, or equivalent. For support positions, you must be 18 years or older and have graduated High School.
- Previous youth leadership experience
- High moral character
- Excellent work and leadership references
- Conservative dress and grooming code
Workplace requirements include:
- Roughing It is a drug and alcohol free workplace
- Roughing It is a non-smoking workplace
- Employees are subject to follow all Roughing It personnel policies
- Employees are subject to alcohol & drug testing
- Employees are subject to fingerprinting and fingerprint submission
- Employees are subject to routine background investigation by the California Department of Justice and commercial background investigation service