Refer A Friend Program Guidelines
Thank you for telling the story of Roughing It. We
are excited and grateful that you are interested in recommending Roughing It to
a friend. Below are the Roughing It Refer A Friend Program Guidelines and
How The Program Works
By referring a new family to Roughing It, you and your friend
will receive Camp Credit when your friend enrolls their child(ren) in a
Roughing It program for the coming summer.
Camp Credit is not a rebate; see below
for clarification. Here is how the process works:
- You refer your friend using our
Online Refer A Friend Form. Your friend must be a new camper
family with children that have never enrolled in a Roughing It
- After your friend enrolls and we receive their completed registration,
you are awarded Camp Credit that can be used towards tuition
payment or other camp expenses. Your friend receives Camp
Tuition Credit towards the cost of tuition in the program they enrolled
- If you have not completely used your Camp
the end of the summer, your remaining Camp Credit will carry over to future years.
Camp Credit Rates
Both you and your friend will receive an equal amount of Camp
per camper, based on the program your friend chooses to enroll their camper(s) in. The following Camp Credit rates apply for Summer 2013:
- $150 credit towards a session of 4 or 8-week Day Camp
- $75 credit towards a session of Horse Day Camp or Little Raccoons
- $55 credit towards a session of Outdoor Explorers
- $25 credit towards a session of Hello Horse Camp
How Camp Credits Are Determined
The total amount of Camp Credit given to both you and your friend is
based on the following:
- Camp Credits are awarded to you (the referring
family) and your Friend (a first time camper family) at the time
your friend enrolls his/her child in a Roughing It program.
- At the time of initial enrollment, if your friend enrolls
his/her child(ren) in multiple programs, the amount of Camp
Credit awarded will be for the program of greatest value.
- No additional Camp Credit will be given if your
friend enrolls his/her child(ren) in additional programs after
initial enrollment, even if that program has a higher credit
value than the initial program they originally signed up for.
- A Camp Credit will be award for each first time
camper enrolled from your friendís family - a new camper family. You
and your friend will both receive the same Camp Credit
based on the number of children enrolled and the program(s) they
are registered in for the summer. For example, if your friend enrolls
three children in the same program, you and your friend will
receive total Camp Credit equal to the Camp Credit we offer for that program, multiplied by three.
- Camp Credit is awarded on a first come, first serve basis; If two families refer the same friend, Camp
Tuition Credit will be awarded to the referrer that submits the
Online Referral Form first. Exception is made if two or more
families refer the same friend on the same day. In this
instance, Camp Credit will be split equally between the
Terms and Conditions
In order for any Camp Credit to be awarded to either you
or your friend, the following criteria must be met:
- You must submit your referral using our
Online Refer A Friend Form.
- You must submit the
Online Refer A Friend Form PRIOR to your friend registering
his/her child for camp.
- You, the referrer, must be an existing Roughing It camper family
(i.e., part of a household with children who are currently
enrolled or have previously attended a Roughing It program).
- Your friend must be a new Roughing It camper family (i.e., part of a household with children that have never
attended a Roughing It program before).
- Your friend must enroll his/her child(ren) in a Roughing It
program for the coming summer.
- Your friend cannot be someone from within your own
In the event that your friend disenrolls his/her child(ren) from camp,
any Camp Credit you received from this referral cannot be
used and will no longer apply to your camp expense account.
Using Camp Credits
Camp Credits have no
cash value and can only be used to reduce the amount of either
current or future outstanding balances at Roughing It.
Camp Credits CAN be used in the following ways:
- As payment towards the balance of any Roughing It program,
including post-session programs and program extensions (e.g., from 4-week Day Camp to 8-week Day Camp).
- As payment towards a CampPlus (before and after camp care) balance.
- As payment towards other Roughing It camp expenses, such as
camp clothing or the overnight.
- Saved and applied towards your camp account for future
years if not completely used by the end of the camp season.
- Donate to the "Roughing It Foundation," providing
camperships to campers who would not
normally have the opportunity to attend camp. More
information about this foundation at:
- Transferred to another camper family or person.
Camp Credits CANNOT be used in any of the following ways:
- For items or services where payment is not handled through Roughing It
(e.g., lunches purchased through Roughing It's lunch provider).
- Redeemed for cash.
We hope that these guidelines and conditions are clear and comprehensive. If you
have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org